Massage Therapy Coon Rapids, MN
Massage therapy is popular among many of our clients who are looking for help in relieving musculoskeletal pain. Our Coon Rapid massage therapists work to tailor each massage session to the unique needs of our clients.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Types of Massage Therapy Offered
- Deep Tissue – A deep tissue massage is best used for painful and tight muscles that cause chronic problems. Our massage therapists may also utilize pressure point therapy, which involves pressing and holding certain areas of the muscles with hands, elbow or fingers.
- Swedish – This method of massage therapy is the most commonly practiced technique in the United States. It utilizes long strokes with varying pressure from light to medium or deep. Our massage therapist will communicate with you to ensure that whatever pressure is used is comfortable to you.
- Sports – We have many clients that choose to have a sports massage before or after an important sporting event or strenuous activity. A pre-event Sports Massage is meant to increase flexibility, prevent any injuries and improve performance. With a post event massage, our therapists work to treat any injuries, loosen muscles and help to prevent or alleviate soreness.
- Cranial Sacral – Craniosacral therapy involves a therapist placing his or her hands on the client allowing them to tune into what is called the craniosacral rhythm. The therapist gently works with the skull, spine, cranial sutures, fascia and diaphragms to ease any restriction of nerve passages. Through craniosacral therapy, cerebrospinal fluid in the spinal cord is optimized, while bones that are misaligned are properly adjusted.
- Myofascial Release – The myofascial release method also known as the deep tissue work method attempts to engage the myofascial tissue restrictive barrier until release occurs. Therapists typically use elbows, knuckles and other tools to gently stretch the fascia that is restricted.
- Pregancy or Prenatal – This specialized form of gentle massage is meant to properly align and offer comfort to an expectant mother. The mother is constantly supported during the massage to ensure comfort at all times. Many women feel reenergized and less stressed after a prenatal massage. Prenatal massage works to reduce stress that is placed on weight bearing joints during pregnancy and also helps with blood circulation, which can lead to better sleep and even help with depression and anxiety caused by the hormonal changes brought on by pregnancy.
- Reflexology – This technique uses concentrated pressure to the hands, feet or ears with specific hand and finger techniques. This type of massage is completed without oil or lotion. Reflexologists utilize a series of zones and reflex areas that are thought to reflect an image of the body on a client’s feet and hands.
- Simple Chair Massage – For some of our clients who have never experienced a massage, a chair massage is a great way to start to experience the benefits of this type of therapy. These sessions typically last between 5-20 minutes and are completed while the client is fully clothed in a comfortable chair.
Meet our Massage Therapist
Our massage therapist is Bridget Duerr. She graduated from the Aveda Institute with a certification in massage therapy in 2009. She has been trained in many massage techniques which would include: deep tissue, Swedish, therapeutic, trigger point, cranial sacral and pre/postnatal massage. The best part of Bridget's massages are that she customizes every massage to your needs. Our patients LOVE her and she has helped multitudes of people.
Please contact our massage therapist at Caring Chiropractic Center to discuss pricing based on your needs.
RELIEVE STRESS & RE-ENERGIZE WITH MASSAGE THERAPY
At Caring Chiropractic Center we take a whole body approach to your wellness. We believe and have firsthand experience of how powerful massage therapy can be in alleviating pain and reducing stress. Give our office a call today to setup a time to come to our Coon Rapids Chiropractic office and experience a refreshing massage.
Call 763-421-1905 to Schedule a Massage Therapy Appointment Today