Plantar Fasciitis Treatment at Caring Chiropractic Center
When you suffer from the chronic inflammatory condition known as plantar fasciitis, you may dread doing many of your usual everyday activities,, from working at your job to playing your favorite sport or going dancing. Since this foot problem is often at its worse first thing in the morning, you may even hate the thought of getting out of bed. The bright side is that you can overcome that discomfort, thanks to the plantar fasciitis treatment available at Caring Chiropractic Center.
The Pain of Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia, a band of tissue that supports the medial arch of your foot. This support is critical as you rest your entire body weight on your feet, whether you're standing still or in motion. There are three arches in the foot and if the arches fall the plantar fasciitis in the foot will have to stretch to accommodate the loss in arch and then starts to ache. Unfortunately, even a small imbalance in your weight distribution can contribute to the formation of micro-tears in the plantar fascia. As this damage accumulates, it creates a state of chronic inflammation that usually feels worst when you first rest your feet on the floor in the morning. But "walking it off" only brings temporary, minimal relief. Plantar fasciitis may be caused or worsened by:
- Extended periods of standing in place, especially in shift workers
- Overuse injuries due to over-training (in runners and other athletes)
- Footwear that throws the body off balance or fails to support the arches adequately (notably high heels)
- A musculoskeletal misalignment that places unequal weight on the feet
- Obesity, which adds to the weight burden on the arches
- Being born with or developing either "flat feet" or high arches
Chiropractic Care and Other Forms of Foot Pain Relief
If you have no choice but to spend most of your days on your feet, you may feel that you have no choice but to gobble anti-inflammatory painkillers. But while these drugs may ease your short-term suffering, you're only continuing to damage your feet until you address the underlying causes and triggers of your plantar fasciitis. That's where Caring Chiropractic Center can come to the rescue. Our chiropractor in Coon Rapids can analyze your foot structure, stance, gait, spinal alignment, and lifestyle to determine why your feet are suffering. We can then offer the appropriate mix of treatments to provide real, lasting foot pain relief. You may benefit from:
- Chiropractic care to adjust your feet (there are many bones in the foot that can get out of alignment ) and your spine to make sure your posture is correct that will affect the way you stand on your feet.
- Scan your feet and have a completely customized set of orthotics that will support your feet the way they should be if needed.
- Massage therapy to reduce inflammation, tightness, and pain in the injured plant fascia
- Corrective exercises to gently improve foot flexibility and strength
Call Our Chiropractor in Coon Rapids MN
Are you ready to resume your daily routine and favorite activities without wincing every time you stand on your feet? If so, call our chiropractor in Coon Rapids MN at (763) 421-1905 for safe, effective, drug-free plantar fasciitis treatment!